Friday 11 November 2016

Halvergate Marsh, Near Acle.

Ride through on the A47 to Norwich and called in at the above near the bridge. Bright but fresh.
 
Several hundred PINK FOOTED GEESE flocking and calling, but very unsettled. All birds well of and closer to Bernie Arms than to were I stood. Two flocks of FIELDFARE and about 60 birds in all. STARLINGS feeding and wandering all over the show. Best bird here was a single CURLEW and two BLACK TAILED GODWIT feeding with several LAPWING in adjacent meadow. MUTE SWANS about and one family of five young still with mum. One field had over 100 CROW feeding close together in ploughed field. I also had a COMMON BUZZARD which flew over the car as I was driving but no surprise. One GREY HERON standing in the field and also one LITTLE EGERET. I did hear 2 MEADOW PIPIT and I also had a fly over PIED WAGTAIL. As I left a ROBIN stood and watched me head off.                  Plenty of berries for these Fieldfare.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment