Tuesday 15 March 2016

Stanton Downham, Norfolk and home.

My son was cycle racing yesterday in Thetford Forest and he won his race so he was well pleased. As for me as soon as we arrived I had a flight view of a LESSER SPOTTED WOODPECKER. If I was not aware that one had been seen the day before I don't think I would have picked up on it. But it was flying across grass lane towards the river and the foot bridge which is were it was seen the previous day. Other than that I heard that 2 Mandarin duck were at the pools and with Mallard flying I did gain a view of two odd ducks. But would not assume anything. Other than that ROBIN, WREN, CHAFFINCH, GOLDCREST, ROOK, CROW, BLACKBIRD,
On way down 3 COMMON BUZZARD, 1 SPARROWHAWK, 2 KESTREL, RED-LEGGED-PARTRIDGE and English as well as Ringed PHEASANT.
Home:  This morning while sitting in the garden a small bird again flew into rose bush. Called as early CHIFFCHAFF flew out immediately into buddleia and stayed for 5 minuets before heading off North West.
As my sister would say a song for every occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment