Monday 24 November 2014

 

Parked at Somerlyton Railway Station and walked through to Herringfleet marshes.

As I walked out of the station I heard the call of a Nuthatch and then it flew tree top height overhead.
I got in conversation with a resident and finished up talking to a lady my the name of Janet from Station Villas. Obviously she has birded for a long time. She said she had not seen any down there since the bad storm of years ago. But that she still sees them when she goes up the village opposite the old post office. First I new about it. Shows how much I know.

I first thought that this is a Rough legged Buzzard which flew through Herringfleet Marsh after upsetting a few crows. But in retrospect it is again the pale bird which keeps cropping up. It was seen last year and does create a problem of id.

 
 
 
 
Also there.
3 Stonechat.
3  Reed bunting. 
1 Grey Heron
3 Kestrel
2 Common Buzzard.
1 Marsh Harrier Female
 
Somerlyton Station.
1 Nuthatch
Coal Tit
1 Redwing
1 Great Spotted Woodpecker

Red Admiral Butt and Peacock Butt

No comments:

Post a Comment