Thursday 27 November 2014

Ness Point and Tramps Alley

Ness Point on the 25th: Largest movement of RED THROATED DIVER I have seen this winter with most birds flying north. I did not count all birds as I believe some were GREAT CREASTED GREBE. So the count stayed at 73 in all. The other movement was varied for GANNET with in all 39 birds. I also had 1 TURNSTONE and 5 COMMON SCOTTER flying North.

Tramps Alley: This was not so much birding but fishing. Very little about and only 2 OYSTERCATCHER flying south. I also had 4 CARRION CROW clear up after me. I did have 5 MED GULLS with me for most of the few hours down there. One bird was colour ringed which has already been moved on. However the bird below has lost a part of its landing gear. Obviously not the fault of ringing.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment