Thursday 6 November 2014

North Dene's

Nice bird to add to the year list with a DESERT WHEATEAR. This bird was reported early morning and on the way to Ness heard that it was still showing so a called in which brought the bird.

Looks like an a typical bird in respect of plumage and showing as a 1st winter male. That's if I know anything.
The bird was obviously tired and was not to people in that it was little afraid. But what encourages people to get so close who should know better baffles me. Is a picture that close. It is amazing that they did not go up its rear end. If the bird is tired give it some relief surly. It started to eat and was obviously becoming gradually more active by the time I left but what a lovely bird for the area. Well done to finder.
Also had a single LITTLE AUK south which dropped in well offshore and then took flight again south. I also had a BLACK REDSTART in front of me that came along the wall flew over my head and headed inland towards Gunton Cliff. Again what a fab bird in the sun with its red tail showing so well.                                                     DESERT WHEATEAR.


No comments:

Post a Comment