Monday 10 November 2014

Ness Point, Lowestoft.

Still a strong breeze from the South although visibility on Monday was really good.
 
Sunday 9th:  The RED BACKED SHRIKE has now been here for 6 weeks and 2 days. I managed to get on to it again I would think it was for the last time. I stayed until it went to roast in evergreen bushes in Wilde Street under the popular tree so perhaps this is the last pick of this long staying RBS. Lets hope he finds some peace where ever he goes. I also had a few MED GULLS and 9 PURPLE SAND. Still GANNETS flying by way out AND A SMALL FLOCK POF common scoter.
                                                                   A LAST GOODBYE
Monday 10th: Good vis and a good array of birds. I here there is no sign of Desert Wheatear or RBShrike today. I did have 2 ARCTIC SKUA at least that is my opinion as I would not dare at distance to say they are Pom. It was good watching the SKUA taking on a Herring Gull but the tables where turned when a Great Black Backed Gull gave him some real grief. A small flock of 6 TEAL flew through and another two flocks of about 30 birds followed later. One OYSTERCATCHER heading south and an auk well out flat and running along wave gave itself up as a LITTLE AUK. The small flock of BLACK HEADED GULLS that feed of the Ness had four MED GULS interspersed today. Also below one of three flocks of BRENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment