Wednesday 21 September 2022

Home, Gorleston Cliff and Carlton Marsh.

 Home:

We pick up with the Queens funeral which for me will not be remembered for anything much more than the few minuets I spent outside in the garden. As I sat out there the screams of PERIGRINE overhead were unusual. It was obvious that the two birds concerned were female by there size. I grabbed my bins by my side and gave them a look. To my surprise they where being mobbed by a small raptor. I was no larger than a Blackbird so that only leaves one bird that matches and that is a MERLIN. Not a bad bird for a garden tick. It was all over in a minute with no time to cut a shot.

Gorleston Cliff:

While waiting for family I sat and watched and imediatly picked up on a GUILLEMOT swimming along not far from shore. Paddling like made he made his way over the swan wreck heading South towards Lowestoft. Flock of COMMON SCOTTER heading North 13 in all. 50 GANNET feeding well off shore. Diving of young and old birds. A RED THROATED DIVER flew North as did my first BRENT GOOSE for the autumn.

Carlton Marsh:

The four hours brought in 27 species with sightings of two GREEN SANDPIPER in flight, Also three CHIFFCHAFF with all calling Hueet but one was truly visible. GRREN WOODPECKER calling regularly as was a JAY which eventually gave itself up. It was also good to introduce several people to a STONECHAT which was making itself visable.






No comments:

Post a Comment