Saturday 3 October 2020

Links Hill and North Dene's

 This seems the place to go for me at the moment as a report came in that a RUSTIC BUNTING was on view. So a quick goodbye and away for a short visit. Sur enough the bird was there but well down in the bramble bush. I stood with Stev P and then it popped out right in front of us and started feeding on the double yellow lines. But no one complained about illegal parking. I did not stay long as in many respects it was not safe to do so. More than 30 there in fact about 60. So I soon left. 

Called in later at the Oval with ROBINS calling in every direction. BLACKBIRDS, SONG THRUSH  40, FIELDFARE 3, REDWING, GREENFINCH, SPARROWHAWK 1, MEADOW PIPIT, but best of all was a WRYNECK which JB put up as we weed walked. We also put two SNIPE up. In compound two WHEATEAR.

This is the best fall of birds that I have ever seen in Lowestoft. It was much hailed and realised.



No comments:

Post a Comment