Sunday 21 May 2017

Lound Lakes.

Day started for me here at 9am after following son on his round Somerlyton 25 miles bike race.
 
 
The best was not a bird but a female Adonis Blue butterfly, if it was it beyond rare for here. This was a real chance to see a good sighting as it was feeding with a single male HOLLY BLUE. Could not find a male but still good to see. A pair of BARNACLE GEESE, 1 GREY LAG and a single GREY HERON. Best bird was a single viewable GREAT SPOTTED WOODPECKER and I also heard a GREEN. Two JAY, but if that is good I am not sure. BLACKCAP, SEDGE WARBLER, CHIFFCHAFF, COMMON WHITETHROAT, GREAT TIT, BLUE TIT.

Some have responded to my claim and if I am at all honest I have doubts. But there are some things that are odd, as my pic shows white on either side of the black spot. But has several characteristics of Brown Arugus and if again I come down on any side it would be this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment