Thursday 5 February 2015

Links Hill, Lowestoft.

BIRD FLEW LANDS IN LOWESTOFT
From Budapest
H5N3 Influenza has crossed over from Europe and has been found here on the East coast. Shock horror what shall we do. I know we will kill all the chickens?
The above bird has been about for a few weeks now but it the first time I have found him or her. Why would he really want to come al this way to Blight'y, what is it that we have that is found over the water.
As for this big boy I dread to think where he comes from. On inspection he is a MEW GULL but how big and how small do they go. This bird must be from the far North of the range as in size he I think the biggest that I have seen. If you read the books a Ringed bill Gull walks about a lot. This boy hardly ever stood still so nothing is guaranteed. But if you were his body weight you would not stand still either.


No comments:

Post a Comment