Tuesday 17 February 2015

Breydon South Wall and Links Hill, Lowestoft.

Breydon South Wall: Bright morning so for my eighth visit to the Wall to find this elusive RICHARD'S PIPET. Well I made it. Why did I bother as it is not as if I have never seen one before. But there you go. It's in the bag for the year and although the view was not I would call long, I did get to see it. I had been watching it for  some time, as it kept looking up above the grass and eventually came right out. Standing tall and all the right stuff, it was no sooner out there than was hacked of by a Skylark. Saw it fly and heard it call. So that was that.
Also 32 species of bird out there today. Including a colour ringed BAR TAILED GODWIT. A COMMON BUZZARD well over the other side of Breydon which put every bird up including the lovely flock of GOLDEN PLOVER who you could hear calling as they sat on the mud. The WIGEON never moved. A pair of PEREGRINE sat together on a gate on Belton Marsh. A LITTLE EGERET was flitting all over the marsh and was joined by a GREY HERON. I would think that there was about 80+ AVOCET and several hundred SHOVELOR which is truly amazing. As for STONECHAT there was four birds in all associating together with an adult male a young male and two females. A pair of STOCK DOVE flew from farm on return.
Links Hill:  Spent 30 minuets looking out to see and had 3 GREAT CRESTED GREBE flying North and 1 RED THROATED DIVER. With 110 CORMORANT heading to roost.
 
NOW THAT TAKES THE BISCUIT


No comments:

Post a Comment