Wednesday 7 January 2015

Wavenney Forest and Haddiscoe Island

It never is warm here and today was no exception.

Blundeston:  As I drove through a FIELDFARE flew above the car.

Haddiscoe Island:The Island had its fair share of raptors today with the best being a male HEN HARRIER. as unusual it was well off but at least it was viewable for a short time. I can never work out how a bird so distinctive can disappear from view. I also had 4 MARSH HARRIER one of which was male, as well as 5 COMMON BUZZARD and a single PERGRINE FALCON. fluttering about 3 KESTREL and 3 LITTLE EGERET. I was not able to pick up on a Rough legged though so that will have to do for next time.
Not a good pick at all but at least its there a male Hen Harrier. Take my word for it.


Waveney Forest:  Best bird here was a fly by low at 50 feet a SHORT EARED OWL. I think it but have lifted of  from my right and soon was gone through the trees. I also had 2 JAY here and 17 BLACKBIRDS with only 2 of these female. COAL TIT, LONG TAILED TIT, GREAT TIT, BLUE TIT. But not in any numbers. GOLDCREST faired reasonably well with about 18 birds. 2 ROBIN and 7 WREN.

No comments:

Post a Comment