Monday 15 December 2014

Cause for a celebration.

Well against all the odds I came away with the Lounge Lizard trophy for a year. So thanks to all those from the club who voted the BLACK STORK as the bird for the year and of course to all those who didn't. Thanks also to those who bothered to pick up on the twitter and were able to see it for themselves.
 
I never ever felt that this trophy would ever come my way, even if it was only by one vote, it gives credence to all the hours of enjoyment and a really big thank you to all those who share locally in this passion. Even if I did see it from my own garden. Perhaps the best garden tick I will ever have.
 
I have also been given to understand that although Mr Riley evidently won, they thought that I needed it more. How sad for Mr Riley.
 
 

 
 

Leathe's Ham:   A regular call inhere today was full of birding if only. If only it had stayed viewable for a few more seconds. If only it had not crept away into under growth. If only I had my camera with me and had not left it in Norwich. If only I had not been just that little bit to far away. If only I had got the scope out quicker. See what I mean. So was it a Ferruginous Duck. Well it had a substantial rear end. Was not appreciated by the TUFTED DUCK who very quickly shifted out onto the island. The length of the white which was clear and bright white unlike that on Tufted was at water level about 40mm long. It did have a bright eye, so should have been a male, but my thinking was it was female. Just a little longer next time please.
 
Other stuff 1 KINGFISHER which had just caught and was killing of its prey on a branch. Also 1 TEAL and GADWALL, PINTAIL, WIGEON, MALLARD, COOT, MOORHEN, 1 DABCHICK and 1 CHAFFINCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment