Thursday 30 October 2014

North Dene's

Walk started through Flycatcher Alley and the only real bird of note was a single CHIFFCHAFF. A typical bird which was not calling and was also very secretive. Plenty of LONG TAILED TITS, BLUE and GREAT. Several BLACKBIRD and more ROBINS. However there seems to be less WRENS than normal with a count of 5. I also had 4 JAYS flying by although I saw more than this I expect they where flying up and down.
I did have a flock of 14 GREENFINCH and 2 flocks of STARLING of the sea. I CORMORANT and around 10 MEADOW PIPIT. The other bird of interest was a WHEATEAR which seems to have been a British bird by its stance.
I also had a JAY over the house today which I hope was not the Hoopoe from down the road.

Female GREENFINCH feeding on the rape

No comments:

Post a Comment