Monday 29 September 2014

Gunton Warren and return via disussed track.

Day started out with fog, so not the best conditions for viewing but ok for birding. Over the
House:  two small warblers with CHAFFINCH in the tree as well as GREAT and BLUE TIT. I also had one fly over MEADOW PIPIT and 2 DUNNOCK were calling by the time I left.
Gunton Wood:  Three JAY were sorting themselves out with noise. It seems that MAGPIES did not want to join in. LONG TAILED, GREAT and BLUE TITS around as well as 1 CHIFF. On exit of wood a SPARROWHAWK flew along cliff and was followed in the fog by what can only be described as a GREY HERON but in reality I could not see through the murk. A few ROBINS and only 1 WREN until a WHINCHAT on a bramble put in an appearance. A walk up tramps alley to the sounds of ROBIN, WREN and TITS
Dip Farm:  Until just short of the railway bridge the sound of several GOLDCREST. I locked on to a pair and then another, followed by yet another. I followed the pair and at 3 meters a female FIRECREST gave itself a good view and was gone. I stayed around for the next 20 minuets but no more sign, I gained a view of a GREEN WOOD and 4 BLACKBIRDS. I made my way along the Railway Cut:  and heard up front a CHIFF. This bird was unafraid and was sitting only  ammeter from my face. But soon as camera was raised it soon hid up. I counted in all 5 RED ADMIRALS and also a lovely COMA see below. The walk back was only greeted by 3 GREENFINCH and a single LINNET.
                                                                         COMA
    The very pale Pintail is back at the Ham and as for this Little, Little Grebe he was not happy.
 There is just something about a Crow

No comments:

Post a Comment