Thursday 25 September 2014

Carlton Marsh, Oulton Broad,

I took a detour round Gislham on the way a saw a young SWALLOW resting on a wire. Needs to get a move on. The walk down to the scrape saw good numbers of MEADOW PIPIT but things did not really improve until I reached the bushes before the work being done by the environment. A flock of LONG TAILED TITS came through across the track with bot BLUE and GREAT TIT. Also with this 2 GOLDCREST and a few MEADOW PIPIT one took refuge in a bare tree and was hassled by a CHIFFCHAFF. This was a autumn fresh bird which always gives you the twitch. I also saw from this end of the scrape 2 waders which turned out to be RUFF. Altogether I put up 9 REED BUNTING and saw 3 GREY HERON. 3 STOCK DOVE and a PEREGRINE flew through. I would think this is a male bird by its size. I also had a light phase COMMON BUZZARD and 2 KESTREL. I also took a pic of a RUDDY DARTER. On the way home 2 SHAG at Mutford Lock.


No comments:

Post a Comment