Sunday 14 September 2014

Abberton Resevoir. Essex.

Spent a few days with my sis down in Colchester so a few hours on a few days brought the following. It was obvious the GREAT WHITE EGERET that was reported from the Layer Breton end. You would have to be blind to miss it. Thank God that is not the case for me, although for my sis it is not the same call as she will undergo eye surgery in a weeks time.
 Best bird in real terms was above but I did enjoy the view of a highbred RED CRESTED POCHARD. but then who wouldn't. Only purist I suppose. But then what RCP is pure these days. I also managed another tick for the year here and was also surprised by a late YELLOW WAG which was enjoying the company of PIED WAG which there must have been 30 of. I also found on an adjacent field 30 STOCK DOVE which by many are just looked over but how encouraging is that. There where also WIGEON, PINTAIL, TEAL, MALLARD, POCHARD, TUFTED DUCK, GADWALL, GREAT CRESTED GREBE, MOORHEN, COOT, and to finish it of 2 COMMON TERN young birds. Also the lingering SWALLOWS and I counted 11 RUFF.
On way home a HOBBY was hunting on the south side of the river at Kessingland.





No comments:

Post a Comment