Thursday 9 January 2014

Hopton Cliff and Links Hill

"I can't believe it", I go for a wass,  put my scope down. Jump in the car go five miles down the road, go to the boot of the car and no scope. I can tell you I returned quicker than you would want to know. I tell you was I relieved to still see it sitting there. More relieved than the wass.

Hopton: Brought in 20 COMMON SCOTER, but sadly no sign of any of there relatives. 
Links Hill: 2 MED GULL one of which was ringed and been reported previous. GRRENFINCH and CHAFINCH as well as HOUSE SPARROW feeding down there.

 
Leath's Ham: Short call in for sunset and roasting birds. Brought in some interesting views of a very pale Pintail. obviously well of the wall as a bird but this is the second year I have picked up on the bird. Mind you it does not compare with male PINTAIL. Thing is there was at least 60+ birds there tonight as well as WIGEON, TUFTED DUCK and a CORMORANT in breeding gear. Best, heard but not seen. Mind you I did get to see the ripple in the water was a WATER RAIL.
 
         Pintail (female)                                 Pintail  (male)                       Pintail   odd bod
 
                                                               Pintail in flight
                                                 



No comments:

Post a Comment