Tuesday 24 December 2013

Its that time of the year

Not right up to date but on December 21st I heard calling from the garden an odd one. I was proved right by my initial response in that it turned out to be just the usual CHIFFCHAFF. Mind you it did have some odd characteristics. But nothing that would make it recognisably a Siberian. It was to my way of thinking a bit of a cross over though so in its own right a good bird to view. It was an odd day in that I also had a BLACKBIRD which was very dark billed and a large bill as well. In that I have seen these before it was obviously a Bavarian type bird which again is of interest. These bird just show up and for all of us they are of significance. Another surprise was that I had a bumble bee decide to fly over the garden, he to was a big brute of a thing. So perhaps a female looking for somewhere to escape for the winter.

SO TO ALL OF YOU IN THE BIRDING WORLD MAY YOU FLY WELL THIS CHRISTMAS AND IN THE NEW YEAR

All three pic's taken in the winter of 1964. They are of Malting Green Road, Layer-de-la-Haye, Friday Woods and Abberton reservoir from our bedroom window.

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment