Wednesday 10 April 2013

Home

When first up and out of bed on Saturday morning the sound of gulls alerted me to  birds of prey in the area. Sure enough three COMMON BUZZARD flying right overhead with an accompanying RED KITE. Birds flew on and where seen again north of Lowestoft.
Latter in the day a single COMMON BUZZARD flying in line with the silo heading North. I also picked up a fly over GREY WAGTAIL which is a good one for the garden. Heard its call and then gained view.
Sunday morning:   Fly over BUZZARD lone bird flying North.
Monday:  Ness point:   Best bird was a single RAZOPRBILL that came well inshore as did some GANNET, RED-THROATED-DIVER .
Today Wednesday:  On my first visit to the garden the sound of gull alerted me again to a raptor very high. This bird again flying north for all appearances a COMMON BUZZARD only one problem had the tail of a black kite. Odd bird to say the least twittered it out no sign of anything though. It was very high.
I also had another odd bird. Obviously a CROW, but it could have been much more. It was a corvid, but was it a crow. Questions that could and should be asked.
  • What was it doing on its own.
  • What was it doing so high.
  • Why did the gulls keep a good eye on it.
  • Why was it so big.
  • Why did it circle and then head off.
If I where a grabber it was a RAVEN, but I'm not so its a crow.

No comments:

Post a Comment