Tuesday 15 January 2013

North Cove.

 
Walk round the reserve was fantastic in regards to the small birds. Not just because I found something rare but just to see them feeding in the snow. I suppose the best birds where 3 Male TREE SPARROW which flew into a tree. They did not give me long to view but what a cracking set of birds. The other was a pair of BULLFINCH. These birds are something else when it comes to plumage. No pic's but what brilliant birds. I also came a cross a resting COMMON BUZZARD again very close but took to flight as I turned the corner. Again another bird for the year was a WOODCOCK resting in afield. Nearly a clump of soil. Spot the bird time. I had a flock of some 20 SISKIN and MARSH TIT'S on the feeder where again just good to watch.
                                                                   
                                                                          Marsh Tit

No comments:

Post a Comment