Friday 25 January 2013

Ness Point, Lowestoft.

Just a short call in today, to cold for anything to long.

Two small inshore boats came drifting by, I say drifting more like be pitched up in the air with the south wind in there face. But they where followed by 7 KITTIYWAKES. The bird which gave the most however was a SHELLDUCK that was far out and made its way in across the waves. I saw it at about 3 miles out and called it a Shellduck immediately. Good to find that I was on ball with this as it came in closer. There was a large movement of divers well out in the haze. I assume that most where Red-Throated-Divers, but in reality you could not tell.

I received confirmation on the colour ringed Med Gulls from a few days ago. They are as follows:

Ring 8T21 was rung on the 10.06.06 in Belguim.
        E861 was rung on the 17.05.04 in Belguim

No comments:

Post a Comment