Monday 21 January 2013

Ness Point, Lowestoft.

Spent at least an hour standing in the cold, but then it wasn't that bad. If it had of been I would have been home like a shot.
 
Best bird was a swim by of a SLAVONIAN GREBE. The bird was about two thirds the way out to the left continental buoy. Swimming and diving on the way south. Was a sure sighting and I have had no hesitation in logging it. I watched the bird for about 3 minuets, but then when I called it in I lost sight. How bad is that? Several MED GULLS and RED-THROATED DIVER  north as well as a great adult GANNET flying north. So close to the water, flying through the troughs of the waves. I also picked up on a male EIDER flying north as well as 5 BRENT GEESE flying in the opposite direction. I picked up on two HERRING gulls colour rings. The red one still remains unidentifiable but I managed to get hold of the other one right leg white A65T.

It was so cold and poor little bunny-kins was eating evergreen bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment