Tuesday 1 January 2013

A NEW YEAR

Well I'm glad to see the old year gone. Has been a long one for me, so on with life. My year list was not that high, but I think I will be excused for that. But at least my life list was extended by the addition of a Leach's Storm Petrel and a Hornimans Arctic Redpole. My year list was a miserable 178, so we reach for the sky's in the next year.

With blue sky I just had to get out there and add the local GREAT NORTHERN DIVER to the year list. I also took a short trip over to Haddiscoe Island and met up with another good bird in the shape of a ROUGH LEGGED BUZZARD. There was no sign of the elusive Great White Egret, although going on last years, which I saw from my garden. Who knows? So my list for three hours in the car than walking, hence total was 48. So not the highest by a long shot. But at least a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment